Before buying a milligram scale one needs to take into consideration the two following factors:
1. The elements which indicate a first-rate milligram scale
– Does it come with a calibration weight?
– Does it come with a warranty?
– What type of power source does it require? Is it rechargeable? Can you plug it in?
– You want a weight which is accurate, preferably within 10 mg.
– It is a good idea to search for a weight equipped with an overload protection so that dust does not collect and so any air currents in the room do not affect the balance operation.
– Look for a weight which you will be able to read out without difficulty.
2. What is the best choice for your needs.
– Does it have a solid construction so that it will not get decalibrated during travel?
– Is measuring space sufficient for your needs?
– Take into account the type of material you will be using. For instance, jewelers will need to have the best possible milligram scale to ensure that the weights they are taking are as accurate as possible.